Phase : Sans
Type d'essai : Observationnel
Etat de l'essai : Ouvert
Establish a platform for screening patients with thoracic malignancy (lung cancer, MPM and thymic malignancies) and efficiently allocate them to biomarker-driven clinical trials.
Identify or validate new molecularly defined subgroups of tumors.
Investigate the prevalence and the predictive prognostic value of novel biomarkers to plan future clinical trials.
Correlate the identified biomarkers and the tested samples with clinical and demographical patient characteristics.
Perform exploratory/future research.
Facilitate the establishment of quality-assured and validated tests for thoracic cancer (lung cancer, MPM and thymic malignancies) biomarkers.
Résumé / Schéma de l'étude
Description of the processes :
Patient enrollment will follow a 2-step procedure. Subjects must meet all of the following criteria to be enrolled. Both steps must be completed in order for the patient to be considered as eligible.
The following criteria are a prerequisite for step 1 registration :
- Pathologically confirmed lung cancer, malignant pleural mesothelioma, thymoma or thymic carcinoma at any stage.
- Mandatory availability of adequate human biological material (HBM): FFPE tissue sample from the primary tumor, recurrent tumor, metastasis, obtained at the time of primary surgery/biopsy; minimal amount requested is detailed in the HBM guidelines; if feasible, inclusion of samples taken at any recurrence diagnosed during followup is strongly encouraged but optional.
- Age ≥ 18 years.
- At least three months life-expectancy.
- Written informed consent according to ICH/GCP and national/local regulations.
- Absence of any active malignancy, except pT1-2 prostatic cancer Gleason score < 6, non melanomatous skin cancer or carcinoma in situ of the cervix, in the 5 years before study entry.
- Absence of exclusion criteria like active hepatitis B/C or HIV, second malignancies, no severe organ dysfunction or other comorbidities that may prevent inclusion into clinical trials.
Central confirmation of human biological material (HBM) adequacy for step 2 :
- Centrally performed confirmation of tumor tissue adequacy in terms of quality/ quantity for central screening.
Lancement de l'étude : Mai 2015
Fin estimée des inclusions : Janvier 2019
Nombre de patients à inclure : 3500
Dr. Laurent GREILLIER
Dr. Benjamin BESSEGustave Roussy - CLCC Villejuif
Téléphone : 01 42 11 43 22
Email : Benjamin.BESSE@gustaveroussy.fr
Dernière mise à jour le 16 octobre 2017